Looking to open a ISO file?
Download WinZip to open your ISO file now.
What is a ISO file extension?
ISO files are complete disk images, which contains not only the files and folders of a CD/DVD but also the disc’s file system information. This widely used archive format is most used for distributing large software or game installation files instead of physical disks. You can easily mount an ISO file to a virtual disk and access the installation files. With Winzip, you can even access and extract the files without mounting the ISO files into a virtual disk. Just follow the steps below to unpack an ISO file with WinZip.
How to open ISO files
- Download and save the ISO file to your computer. If your compressed file was downloaded from the internet, it may be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip and open the compressed file by clicking File > Open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program, just double-click on the file.
- Select all of the files in the compressed folder or select only the files you want to extract by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
- Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
- Select a destination folder to place the extracted ISO files in and click the "Unzip" button.
- Find your extracted files in your chosen destination folder.
Unzip ISO file format on Windows or Mac
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- WinZip Mac
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Supports Apple Retina Displays
WinZip opens and extracts Compressed ISO Files—and many more formats
We created WinZip to open and extract ISO file format, and many more, including all of the following:
- And Zip
Get WinZip now to open your ISO file(s) then enjoy all that the world's most popular compression utility has to offer, including the easiest and most practical file compression, file protection and encryption, complete file management and data backup capabilities, simple file sharing by cloud, social media, and more.