Looking to open a CAB file?
Download WinZip to open your CAB file now.
What is a CAB file extension?
CAB file extension stands for Cabinet file which is an archive file format commonly used in Windows platform. The key purpose of this format is to contain and share software installation files. Features like lossless data compression and embedded digital certificates ensures file integrity, which serves best for this specific purpose. CAB files supports different compression methods like Quantum, LZX and Zip and can be used by various Microsoft installers like SetUp API, Device Installer and AdvPack. The embedded digital certificate feature of CAB file ensures that users receive authentic installation archives from trusted sources. To decompress CAB files use WinZip and follow the simple steps below.
How to open CAB files
- Download and save the CAB file to your computer. If your compressed file was downloaded from the internet, it may be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip and open the compressed file by clicking File > Open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program, just double-click on the file.
- Select all of the files in the compressed folder or select only the files you want to extract by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
- Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
- Select a destination folder to place the extracted CAB files in and click the "Unzip" button.
- Find your extracted files in your chosen destination folder.
Unzip CAB file format on Windows or Mac
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- WinZip Mac
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Supports Apple Retina Displays
WinZip opens and extracts Compressed CAB Files—and many more formats
We created WinZip to open and extract CAB file format, and many more, including all of the following:
- And Zip
Get WinZip now to open your CAB file(s) then enjoy all that the world's most popular compression utility has to offer, including the easiest and most practical file compression, file protection and encryption, complete file management and data backup capabilities, simple file sharing by cloud, social media, and more.