Easy photo editing and digital art projects
Corel 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
At Corel we're proud of our products and we're confident that you'll be satisfied with your purchase. That's why we offer the Corel 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Buy today and if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, Corel will refund your money based on your original method of payment - excluding any shipping costs. When you contact us about a return, your Corel Customer Service Representative may inquire about your products and experience.
Please note: Only products purchased directly from Corel qualify for the Corel 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Purchases made from a retailer or partner must be returned to where you made your purchase and are subject to the return policy of that retailer. Purchases of transactional licenses, maintenance, Wacom products, Wilcom DecoStudio, download insurance, Protection Plans, Training Plans, Subscriptions and Product Memberships and Priority Tickets are excluded from this guarantee.
Eligible for an upgrade? Check now
PhotoImpact X3 Upgrade Eligibility
When you buy a Download Version you can download your software install it on your computer and unlock with a serial number that will be provided after purchase. Note: May not include User Manual or backup CD however you DO have the option to purchase the CD and Manual for select products at an additional cost. Otherwise you receive a download link to your software and serial number only.
When you purchase boxed products you are purchasing physical products that will be shipped to the address you specify during the checkout process. You will select your preferred shipping method as you checkout. The following shipping options are available to residents of United States. Please note that 'Days' refers to 'Business Days'.
|$9.00USD||FedEx Ground (4-7 business days)|
|$11.00USD||FedEx Standard (3-5 business days)|
|$15.00USD||FedEx Priority (1-2 business days)|
|$25.00USD||FedEx Priority US Islands (1-2 business days)|
*Please note that Corel does NOT ship orders to (P.O) boxes.
** Orders placed before 3:00PM EST will ship next business day pending payment approval. Orders placed on Saturday / Sunday will be shipped the next business day pending payment approval.
If you are having difficulties ordering online please contact Corel Customer Service at 1-800-772-6735.
PhotoImpact X3 is packed with fun photo projects, easy one-click photo fixes and new digital art tools that make your creative projects look their best. Quickly touch up your favorite pictures with innovative ExpressFix editing. Use customizable project templates to create memorable photo gifts in just minutes. Get creative with drawing and painting tools, and work with graphics to enhance your video productions.
Whether you're a beginner or it's your hobby, PhotoImpact X3 will help you create professional-looking graphics for slide shows, videos, DVDs and more.
Easy & Fast ExpressFix Mode
Automated photo enhancements and easy-to-understand options put the tools you need at your fingertips.
- Instantly fix exposure, color and composition
- Beginners like the simplicity, experienced users like the efficiency
Amazing Digital Art
- Paint realistic looking clouds with the Cloud pen
- Enhance your photos with creative filters
- Draw and paint like a pro
Fun Photo Projects
Use easy wizards to create fun photo projects and gifts. Choose from over 200 customizable templates for a wide range of ways to share your pictures.
- Comic strips
- Greeting cards
Graphics Tools for Video Enthusiasts
If you're into creating video, you also need tools for photos and graphics:
- Prepare your photos to look their best in a DVD slide show with Slideshow Prep Wizard
- Design and print DVD labels and case covers that match menus in DVD MovieFactory® and VideoStudio®
- Create your own completely custom DVD menus
On this page:
- Correct and enhance photos for maximum impact
- Enhance photo details even more with advanced editing tools
- Take your photos to new places
- Create amazing digital art
- Discover graphics tools for video enthusiasts
Correct and enhance photos for maximum impact
Make every picture special with automated photo enhancements and easy-to-understand options for image editing and sharing.
Easy and Fast ExpressFix™ Mode
The unique ExpressFix panel features one-click fixes and enhancements. Easily compare changes with a large preview screen that shows Before and After views.
- SmartCurves – automatically bring out details in dark areas, without overexposing the highlights
- Auto White Balance Control – easily correct your images to make colors look natural under any kind of light
- Reduce Noise – automatically clean up digital artifacts in photos shot in low light or at high ISO settings. Especially useful for improving cell phone pictures
- Photo Project Wizard – easily create collages, comic strips, DVD labels and greeting cards
New! Next-generation Crop tools
PhotoImpact now offers 2 easy ways to re-compose your pictures for greater impact:
- Rule of Thirds Crop – apply the classic Rule of Thirds grid for more dynamic images
- Golden Ratio Crop – used throughout history by the masters, this is a timeless tool that creates a proportion that is aesthetically pleasing. It worked for the Mona Lisa, it can work for your photos, too!
SmartGuide "How-to" Help
- Step-by-step directions on screen show you how to complete great-looking projects
- Includes guides for basic and advanced photo-editing, Web page, video and DVD menu tasks
- Links take you directly to the tools you need
Enhance photo details even more with advanced editing tools
PhotoImpact X3 includes a complete set of powerful tools to satisfy the demands of high-end users.
Enhance your photos using advanced darkroom tools.
- Dodge, Burn, Remove Scratch – retouch photos to improve quality and add professional-looking photographic effects
- Touch-up Tool – Easily remove skin blemishes and unwanted image details and objects
Enhanced! RAW File Support
Brighter previews, improved performance and a greater number of supported camera models make working with your RAW images easier than ever.
High Dynamic Range
- Create professional images that capture color and detail in both shadows and highlights
- Remove elements of the scene that change between shots
- Enhanced with preset curves for more camera models
RAW File Support
Take your photos to new places
New! Photo Projects
- Share your photos as greetings cards, collages, comic strips, and on CD & DVD labels
- Choose from 70 customizable templates
- Follow the simple and fast 3-step wizard to complete projects quickly
Enhanced! COOL 360 Panorama-maker
- Now fully integrated into PhotoImpact
- Seamlessly combine a series of photos
- Create horizontal or even vertical panoramas
Create amazing digital art
Enjoy limitless creative possibilities with PhotoImpact's suite of powerful, easy-to-use image-editing tools.
New & Unique! Cloud Pen
- Say goodbye to dull skies! Now you can paint natural-looking clouds or add fun effects
- Choose from cumulus, cirrus and stratus cloud types
- Get creative with fantasy cloud animals, skywriting or smoke signals
SPECIAL OFFER! Corel® Painter™ Essentials 3 (full version)
- A complete home art studio, for novices and experts alike
- Draw or paint original artwork, or enhance your photos with paint effects
- Natural-Media® watercolor and oil-paint brushes behave just like the real thing!
- Automatically turn your photos of kids, travel or weddings into stunning paintings in 3 easy steps!
Creative Photographic Filters
Choose from hundreds of optical effects, textures and lighting effects to add flair to your photos.
Discover graphics tools for video enthusiasts
Make your video productions stand out by creating stunning graphics for slide shows, videos, DVDs and more.
New! Slideshow Prep Wizard
- Make sure your photos look their best in a DVD slide show
- Choose from a selection of sophisticated frames, drop-shadow and color-gradient background styles
- Add date/time labels and batch process
- Import your photos into Corel® VideoStudio® or Corel® DVD MovieFactory® to easily create your slide show. PhotoImpact X3 is a great companion tool for these video-editing and DVD authoring applications
New! DVD Content Sets
Present your video projects like a pro. Design and print DVD labels and case covers that match menus in DVD MovieFactory and VideoStudio.
Save Images for Video
Generate GIF & PNG images with transparency for video overlays, logos or lower-thirds.
DVD Menu Maker Plug-in
Create DVD menus for DVD MovieFactory 5 or 6, and VideoStudio 10 or 11.
Printable version of Features (.PDF, 120 KB)
Graphics Tools for Video Enthusiasts
2008 Bronze Award
"Ulead PhotoImpact 12 is a sophisticated photo editing and basic web page design program in one. This product comes with royalty free images, web elements, templates and bonus software. Language is technical and effects professional—be prepared to refer to the tutorial frequently. With better support, this product could challenge Photoshop Elements."
Read the Entire Review
TopTenREVIEWS, Inc., 2007
About.com, USA4.5 Stars out of 5 "PhotoImpact allows beginners to quickly achieve professional-looking results, while providing advanced features so users won't feel limited as they gain experience. With each new release, PhotoImpact includes more new features to keep it in line with the competition. For many years I have considered PhotoImpact the best value photo editor for Windows and it consistently remains one of my top picks, especially for beginners."
Read the Entire Review
PC World, Australia
"Ulead includes several innovative tools that make Adobe's Photoshop Elements look positively old school in comparison"
Read the Entire Review
PC World, Australia, March 2006
PC Authority, Australia
4 Stars Recommends
"PhotoImpact has always tried to help the non- expert user make the most of their camera and enjoy themselves in the process. And the program's interface has seen a complete overhaul in this release, with redesigned icons, toolbars and palettes."
Read the Entire Review
PC Authority, Australia, Feb 2006
Greater Cleveland PC Users Group, USA
"PhotoImpact has lots of help in learning to use it. And the choice of settings is such that you can get started at a very low level and work your way up as you make progress."
Greater Cleveland PC Users Group, USA , June 2006
WebUser Magazine, UK
A bronze award for PhotoImpact 11 in WebUser Magazine, UK issue 1 March
The key to PhotoImpact is its simplicity especially the ExpressFix feature, letting you quickly correct common errors like exposure, focus, colour and even modify skin tones.
WebUser Magazine, March 2006
PC Magazine, Singapore
PhotoImpact 11, Recommended Perfect for newcomers or shared households, as each workspace can be tailored to each user's needs. Furthermore, each set is fully customizable, so you can select the functionality that suits you best, including setting up the space for mainly photoediting or say for more web graphic design usage. PhotoImpact 11 is a feature rich photo-editor that's more than price competitive. Its suite of tools, new RAW support and adaptable workspaces make this an ideal photo image editor.
PC Magazine, December 2005
PC Advisor magazine, UK
Overall 8/10 given
"PhotoImpact is right up there with the likes of Photoshop Elements and PaintShop Pro. And with an easier to use, customisable interface, better support for mid range cameras and more advanced tools such as histograms and SmartCurves, it should definitely appeal to a broader range of photographers"
PC Advisor magazine, Dezember 2005
PC User Magazine, Australia
Ulead PhotoImpact 10 receives PC User Editor's Choice, Rating: 9.5/10
"…ease of use and low price""…with loads of powerful tools for improving photos, adding cool effects and text, and creating WE pages or print projects of your images.""…if you're looking for a good affordable image editor mainly for outputting Web graphics, PhotoImpact is the best starting point"
PC User Magazine, July 2005
Entrepreneur Magazine, USA
PhotoImpact 10: Editor's Pick
"Offering both basic and advanced modes, PhotoImpact ensures that what you see is what you get as you retouch…. And it fits on older desktops better than some competitors."
Entrepreneur Magazine, June 2005
Media & Methods Magazine, USA
PhotoImpact 10 received Media & Methods Magazine 2005 Awards Portfolio
Media & Methods Magazine, May/June 2005
Popular Photography Magazine, USA
Image Editing Software: Big Bang , Low Buck
"If you're looking for an advanced comprehensive assortment of software for a reasonable price, try Ulead's PhotoImpact 10."
Popular Photography Magazine, April 2005
PC Magazine, USA
Ulead PhotoImpact 10
Read the Entire Review
PC Magazine, Oct. 29, 2004
Rangefinder Magazine, USA
"The problem is when you start adding…more advanced features, the software price generally increases. Ulead PhotoImpact changes all that by offering a professional-level image editing program that goes beyond the norm."
Rangefinder Magazine, July 2004.
4.5 Stars out of 5
"PhotoImpact has always been an exceptional value for the home and business user looking for an all-in-one graphics solution."
Read the Entire Review
Corporate Media News, USA
"PhotoImpact 10, at $89.95 is arguably the best image editing application in the category in which it competes. The company has spent many years ensuring that the application is powerful, feature laden, and most important in my opinion, easy to use with great results."
Read the Entire Review
Corporate Media News, February 2004
Buyer's Guide 2004
"This program (PhotoImpact 8) has all the key photo tools, plus some amazing special effects found nowhere else at this price."
PCPhoto, December 2003
Technology & Learning, USA
Awards of Excellence 2003
PhotoImpact 8 was honored as one of the best K-12 products of the past year.
Technology & Learning, October 2003
PC Magazine, USA
Ulead PhotoImpact 8
Read the Entire Review
PC Magazine, Sept. 2, 2003
Getting Pixel Perfect
"PhotoImpact lets you arrange your pictures by resolution, which is extremely helpful for, say, getting the two or three pictures of the grandkids that are suitable for 8 x 10 or larger prints."
Newsweek, August 17, 2003
USA Today, USA
CyberSpeak by Kim Komando
Tips for Improving Digital Photos
Kim Komando recommends PhotoImpact 8 to readers
Read the entire article
USA Today, April 7, 2003
"A simple image-editing program that doesn't produce simple looking results, Ulead's PhotoImpact 8.0 offers a range of tools for editing digital photos and creating sophisticated Web graphics, including some drawing tools."
Entrepreneur, May 2003
A Big Leap in the Virtual Darkroom by Steve Wildstrom
"While getting your prints instantly is gratifying, I'm rarely interested in dumping shots from my camera to a printer. I prefer to take a good look at my pictures on a PC -- and generally print only after doing some virtual darkroom work (printers and digital cameras usually come with at least minimal editing software; my favorites for home use are Adobe Photoshop Elements and Ulead PhotoImpact, both around $90)."
Read the entire article
BusinessWeek, April 28, 2003
Computer Shopper, USA
Editors' Top 5 Software - Editors' Choice Award
"PhotoImpact 8 offers more useful editing tools for digital photographers and Web graphics than any of its competitors."
Computer Shopper, April 2003
New York Times, USA
Cull, Then Categorize: A Digital Scrapbook
By TOM Di NOME
"… PhotoImpact 8, released in September by Ulead ($89.95, or downloadable for $79.95 at www.ulead.com). There is a lot to explore here, but it is well worth the time. With PhotoImpact 8, you can organize photos into different albums that can also be burned onto a CD. In addition to tools for in-depth color correction and photo retouching, it offers ways to create images from scratch and to isolate and grab pictures from Web sites to insert into other documents you have created."
New York Times, March 6, 2003
Animation magazine, USA
PhotoImpact 8 Receives Seal of Excellence Award
"In the early days of Ulead, PhotoImpact was introduced as an image editing tool following Photoshop's footsteps. Back then some considered it the poor man's version of Photoshop. Young artists who could not afford Adobe's prices were using PhotoImpact. I'm happy to report that PI has certainly come of age and found its own identity. PhotoImpact 8 is an image manipulation package covering almost all the needs of the 21st century artist."
Read the entire review
Animation magazine, December 2002
Digital Photography Made Easy Magazine, UK
PhotoImpact 8 wins "Gear of the Year Award in Digital Photography"
"The last six months has seen the release of two big hitting photo editors- Ulead PhotoImpact 8 and Photoshop Elements. While Elements 2.0 is a great upgrade from version 1.0, the range of tools and special effects in PI8 make it instantly more accessible and relevant to digital photographers. Ulead's offering is a spectacular editing programme that beats the others hands down. Our congratulations go to Ulead for producing a professional, useable and affordable photo editing package"
Digital Photography Made Easy Magazine, UK, January, 2003
CNET's Top 100 Products of 2002
PhotoImpact 8 Named "Best Consumer Image-Editing Software"
"Ulead PhotoImpact has a rep: it's widely acknowledged to be a powerful, yet playful, image-editing app. However, there are a ton of image editors available and it faced stiff competition to be labeled number one. Version 8.0 wins the honor, since it comes with a cadre of useful tools for digital photography buffs. And, if you want to explore Web graphics, you won't have to get another app, because PhotoImpact's got that covered as well."
CNET, December 2002
PC Photo Magazine
PhotoImpact 8 receives Editor's Choice
"Combining differently exposed shots of the same scene to expand the dynamic range of the final image is an exciting aspect of Ulead's PhotoImpact 8 software."
PC Photo Magazine, December 2002
CNET Editor's Choice Award
Among midlevel image-editing programs, including Adobe Photoshop Elements and Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Ulead PhotoImpact takes the prize for offering the widest range of features. This program's sheer versatility, healthy dose of fun, and inspiring tools are just the ticket for small businesses, individual artists, and digital-photo enthusiasts. Overall, Ulead's jack-of-all-trades is top-notch.
CNET, October 29, 2002
About.com - 4.5 Stars out of 5
Few image editors allow the complete novice to quickly achieve polished-looking results as easily as PhotoImpact does. Even fewer provide such a complete set of tools and features at a price below $100. All in all, PhotoImpact provides an unparalleled blend of flexibility and ease of use, making it the best value photo editor for Windows.
About.com, October 2002
Ulead PhotoImpact is closer in approach and capabilities to full Photoshop than Elements. It offers a broad range of tools, covering everything from simple red-eye correction to the preparation of complex images for printing or for the Web.
PhotoImpact offers a lot of raw power…a top-grade tool that amateurs can use and afford.
Read the entire review
BusinessWeek, October 28, 2002
Digital Producer Magazine
For those who are manipulating digital images and wish to take advantage of the new lens effects, PhotoImpact 8 is a reasonable buy at under $100. The application has enough features as well as tutorials that cover a big chunk of the feature set to enable you to get up to speed fairly quickly. For the price, PhotoImpact does a lot more than the other image editors in the category in which it competes.
Digital Producer Magazine, October 2002
Photo Impact has templates for creating Web pages with pictures, and 60 photographic filter-like effects. (It is) Full- featured, with Web site tools and software to manage images on PC and burn slideshows onto CD.
USA Today, October 2002
Washington Times, September 24, 2002
"… the program is intuitive (Read EASY!)"
Digital Photo Magazine, Jan - Mar, 2003
Web Pages Made Easy, UK
PhotoImpact 8 gets 93/100 and a Star Buy award
"All in all this is an excellent application which achieves the rare feat of combining incredible ease of use with a large selection of delicious features"
Web Pages Made Easy, 2002
Internet Made Easy, UK
PhotoImpact 8 gets 92/100 and a Top Scorer award
"This program really does avoid you having to have any technical knowledge whatsoever. As an all round graphics tool, Uleads PhotoImpact 8 ranks up there with the best of them. It looks great, works like a dream and represents excellent value for the money."Internet Made Easy, November 2002
PC Home magazine, UK
PhotoImpact 8 received 89% and a Silver Award
" Going far beyond the sort of software supplied with your standard digital camera, PhotoImpact can actually do even more than other recognized programs often seem to manage"
PC Home Magazine, November 2002
Personal Computer World
In a group test of budget packages of image editing software, PhotoImpact 7 won the Highly Commended award "for the depth of features, offering a stunning 1,523 effects filters, PhotoImpact has far and away the most special effects .... it represents superb value for money."
Personal Computer World, September 2002
PhotoImpact 7 receives Buy it! Award in Computeractive issue 118
PhotoImpact 7: "...a great value product for beginners and experience photo editors alike"
Computeractive, August 2002
Ulead PhotoImpact 7 is American Photography's Editor's Choice. Here is what American Photography has to say about PhotoImpact 7, "Who says you can't get advanced image-editing capabilities with graphics and Web design tools in a single package - at a bargain price?"
American Photography, August 2002
PC Review Online
"Ulead PhotoImpact 7 is the Swiss Army Knife of image editing packages. There is little it can't do. From designing graphics for desktop publishing projects, multimedia projects, web sites, etc. PhotoImpact 7 can do it all."
PC Review Online, June 2002
CNET and Computer Shopper
PhotoImpact 7 was listed in the Editor's Top 5 list for graphics/publishing applications "...this image editor is actually the best deal on the market."
CNET and Computer Shopper, May 2002
- Why should I upgrade to Corel® PhotoImpact® X3?
- What can PhotoImpact X3 do for me?
- What other programs can I use with PhotoImpact X3?
- What extra bonus items do I get?
- How can I upgrade to PhotoImpact X3?
- Do I need to uninstall PhotoImpact 12 when I upgrade?
- How can I migrate EasyPalette, My Gallery & My Library settings and content from PhotoImpact 12 to PhotoImpact X3?
Why should I upgrade to Corel® PhotoImpact® X3?
PhotoImpact X3 offers several new features and improvements over previous versions, including:
- Enhanced ExpressFix photo editing
- New cropping and composition tools
- New photo projects like comic strips, collages and greeting cards
- Matched sets of graphics for video enthusiasts
- 2 FULL packages of bonus software: Corel® Painter™ Essentials 3 and Corel® MediaOne® Plus digital media management
What can PhotoImpact X3 do for me?
If you've ever wanted one package that does it ALL, look no further.
- Digital photography – enhance your photos with photo-editing tools that are incredibly easy to use yet feature professional techniques
- Graphic imaging tools – explore a host of features for Web and creative design
- Productivity functions – work with a number of image files simultaneously for maximum speed and ease
- Composition tools – includes Rule of Thirds and Golden Ratio crop tools
- Enhanced UI and updated ExpressFix – includes new straighten and crop tools
- Graphic art – get creative with image-editing tools like the new Cloud Pen
- Corel® Painter™ Essentials 3 – turn your photos into stunning paintings in 3 steps
- Video graphics – create professional-looking graphics for slide shows, videos, DVDs and more. Includes Slideshow Prep Wizard, enhanced DVD Menu Maker, and matching DVD content for Corel® VideoStudio® and Corel® MovieFactory®.
What other programs can I use with PhotoImpact X3?
PhotoImpact X3 is a great companion tool for video-editing and DVD authoring applications like VideoStudio and MovieFactory. You can create compelling graphics for your movies, including DVD menus, special effects, overlay objects and eye-popping titles. PhotoImpact X3 makes it easy to achieve professional results with both your photos and videos.
What bonus items do I get?
PhotoImpact X3 delivers the best value for money on the market. Users and reviewers are amazed by its 1,398 royalty-free images, 2,221 Web elements, 3,270 customizable effects, 3 full applications, and wealth of features for photo editing, graphic design and Web creation. Photo Explorer has been replaced by our new photo and video organizer, Corel® MediaOne® Plus. In addition to offering simple photo and video management, this application offers an easy online backup solution from our partner, Sharpcast.
Panorama stitching (COOL 360™) is integrated right into PhotoImpact X3, and has been enhanced to allow vertical as well as horizontal panoramas.
We are also excited to be able to include a full version of Corel Painter Essentials 3. This makes it easy to convert photos into paintings using technology from the award-winning Corel® Painter™ product. There's simply nothing else like it.
How can I upgrade to PhotoImpact X3?
To purchase the upgrade version of this product, you must own a previous licensed version of:
- PhotoImpact 12 Full/Upgrade/SE
- PhotoImpact 11 Full/Upgrade/SE
- PhotoImpact 10 Full/Upgrade/SE/SE Basic
You can purchase the upgrade version at a computer retail store or online from the Corel Store.
Do I need to uninstall PhotoImpact 12 when I upgrade?
No, you don't need to uninstall PhotoImpact 12 before installing PhotoImpact X3. The installation program will ask you to enter your serial number for PhotoImpact 12 when it is detected. The Installer will install the complete PhotoImpact X3 program.
How can I migrate EasyPalette, My Gallery & My Library settings and content from PhotoImpact 12 to PhotoImpact X3?
You should first export your "My Gallery" and "My Library" files from PhotoImpact 12. Then import them into the PhotoImpact X3 EasyPalette.
- Intel® Pentium® III, AMD® Athlon™ 800 or above CPU
- 512 MB RAM (for Windows® XP), 1 GB RAM (for Windows Vista™)
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 Home Edition/Professional, Windows® XP Media Center Edition, Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista®
- 750 MB available hard drive space for main program and content files
- An additional 320 MB available hard drive space for bonus programs
- True Color or Hi-Color display adapter with 1024x768 resolutions or higher
- CD-ROM Drive
File Format Support
001, BMP, CLP, CUR, DCS, DCX, EPS, FAX, FPX, GIF, ICO, IFF, IMG, JP2, JPC, JPG, MAC, MSP, PBM, PCD, PCT, PCX, PEF, PGM, PIC, PNG, PPM, PSD, PSP, PXR, RAS, SCI, SCT, SHG, SVG (output), TGA, TIF, UFO, UFP, WBMP, WMF
Digital Device Support
- Digital cameras, USB card readers, TWAIN/WIA compliant scanners
- Pressure-sensitive graphics tablets
RAW Format Support
ARW, BAY, CR2, CRW, CS1, DCR, DNG, ERF, FFF, HDR, K25, KDC, MEF, MOS, MRW, NEF, ORF, PEF, PNM, RAF, RAW, SR2, SRF, STI, X3F