Monday – Thursday: 24 hours
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.2 Update
The following sections describe the new features and improvements included in Update 2.
Please note that you must download and install the X6.1 Update and acquire a Standard or Premium Membership in order to install the X6.2 Update. Most new and enhanced features included with Update 2 are available only to users with a Premium Membership. Performance and stability improvements are available to all CorelDRAW members.
Take your creativity and designs even further with these new features and enhancements.
CorelDRAW® Premium Membership Features
The X6.2 Update offers a variety of online content for CorelDRAW® and Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ users – including all of the content that was offered in the X6.1 Update. With a Premium Membership, you'll receive exclusive access to:
- 250 pieces of clipart
- 1500 digital photos
- 110 interactive text frames
- 110 interactive PowerClip frames
- 80 vector patterns
- 60 bitmap patterns
- 63 new fonts
Alignment and dynamic guides
The new Alignment and Dynamic Guides docker lets you view, set up, and modify alignment guides and dynamic guides more easily. In addition, the docker offers the following new features and enhancements:
- The new Intelligent Spacing feature lets you precisely arrange and position an object in relation to other onscreen objects.
- The new Intelligent Dimensioning feature lets you intuitively scale and rotate an object in relation to other onscreen objects.
- Margin alignment guides have been enhanced, giving you the flexibility to use offset margins, inset margins, or both. There are also separate controls for horizontal and vertical margin alignment guides so you can modify settings for one without affecting the other.
- You can modify the color and line style of alignment guides, margin alignment guides, and dynamic guides.
- As you make adjustments, the custom Dynamic Guides update in real time on the preview.
The new Guidelines docker makes it easier to add, manage, and modify guidelines, letting you precisely position, rotate and edit guidelines.
Color styles and harmonies
The Color styles docker now features enhancements to help you create and edit color harmonies and color styles. You can apply a rule to a color harmony to shift all colors according to predetermined logic and create various color combinations. You can also use a harmony rule to create a color harmony from scratch. The following harmony rules are available: Analogous, Analogous (Accented), Complementary, Monochromatic, Tetrad, and Triad.
Viewing color styles
View options are now available in the Color styles docker to help you work with color styles more easily:
- Page Sorter view — displays thumbnails of all pages in a document. When you edit a color style in Page Sorter view, you can see how all objects that use the color style are changed. You can easily change the size of the page thumbnails to suit your needs.
- Hint view — shows what objects are associated with color styles. When you point to a color style in the Color styles docker, an indicator now marks the object that uses the color style in the document window.
Previewing styles and style sets
Now you can preview styles and style sets by pointing to them in the Object styles docker. This feature helps you choose what style or style set to apply to an object. In addition, when you create a style or a style set from objects, a preview shows you what object attributes will be included in the new style or style set.
Corel PHOTO-PAINT: Alignment guides
Alignment guides are temporary guidelines that help you align objects as you create, resize, or move them in relation to other nearby objects. The new Alignment guides docker in Corel PHOTO-PAINT lets you view, set up, and modify alignment guides. In addition, you can now use margin alignment guides which give you the ability to inset and offset an object relative to another object.
Displaying rulers in Corel PHOTO-PAINT
You can now choose to have rulers displayed by default on new documents in Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
Setting up guidelines in Corel PHOTO-PAINT
The new Guidelines docker in Corel PHOTO-PAINT makes it easier to add, manage, and modify guidelines. You can now position guidelines with precision, change their line style and color, have objects and editable areas snap to them, and lock them into place to avoid unwanted changes. For additional functionality, you can now add angled guidelines and rotate existing guidelines.
Standard Membership Features
Enhanced support for digital cameras
In both CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT, you can open and import raw camera files from new camera models. The X6.2 Update offers support for the latest models of digital cameras, such as:
- Canon EOS-1D X, Canon EOS 650D, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon G1-X, Canon ID-X
- Samsung NX1000, Samsung NX20
- Sony RX100
- Sigma SD1, Sigma SD15, Sigma DP cameras
- Fuji X-Pro1, Fuji X-S1
In addition, the Adobe® lossy Digital Negative (DNG) file format and the Imacon Flexframe 3f format are now supported.
The following areas feature performance and stability improvements (formerly released as service packs).
- The Uniform Fill dialog box now opens with the Models tab selected.
- User interface issues in the Envelope docker were fixed in the Russian version of the program.
- In Corel PHOTO-PAINT, you can snap to guidelines more easily when working at a small zoom level or with high-resolution images.
- When an object is converted to a grayscale bitmap, the final image no longer appears with jagged edges.
- Bitmaps with lenses are displayed and printed correctly in CorelDRAW X6.
Object attributes, color, and fills
- The Object Properties docker displays accurate outline values.
- The tooltips for the color swatches on the color palettes and status bar now display the color names instead of the CMYK and RGB values.
- The appearance of custom spot colors in legacy files is now maintained when you open the files in CorelDRAW X6.
- You can now access bitmap and full-color pattern fills of various file formats.
Opening and saving files
- Hyperlinks are preserved when saving CorelDRAW (CDR) files.
Importing and exporting files
- When exporting a bitmap from CorelDRAW by using the Save Bitmap As command, the program no longer stops responding.
- During export to JPEG or PNG, the selected control no longer loses focus when you point to the image preview.
Exporting to CGM
- Compression works as expected when you are exporting to ACGM version 4.
- The properties of lines with arrowheads are preserved in the exported file.
- Embedded bitmaps (PNG, GIF) preserve their colors in files exported ACGM to version 4.
- Importing certain CGM files will no longer cause the program to stop responding.
- Importing PDF files
- Importing PDF files created in Adobe Photoshop with the Text as Curves option enabled no longer causes the program to stop responding.
- Importing PDF files created in Adobe InDesign no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Text issues are addressed in imported PDF files that were created in 3rd-party PDF software and contain embedded fonts.
- Kozuka fonts are imported correctly.
- Hyperlinks are preserved in exported PDF files.
- Importing PLT files: The Override pen colors control in the HPGL Options dialog box now works as expected.
- Dashed lines in symbols are displayed correctly in exported SVG files.
- Exporting to an SVG file by using the Corel DESIGNER 10 preset generates accurate representation of polygons.
- Importing Micrografx Designer (DSF) files: Vertical alignment of graphic text objects and line spacing in multiline text are now maintained. Also, fonts are substituted as expected.
- Exporting DWG/DXF files: Visibility and printing properties of layers are maintained, and right-aligned text no longer appears left-aligned.
- Colors in EPS files created in CorelDRAW now separate correctly when printed from Adobe FrameMaker.
- Paragraph text properties such as bullets, drop caps, and columns can now be correctly copied from one paragraph text object to another by using the Edit > Copy Properties From command or the Attributes Eyedropper tool.
- Bitstream Font Navigator no longer shows regular and italic versions of the same font as duplicates.
- Applying an OpenType feature to selected text by using the Interactive OpenType indicator produces a result that matches the preview.
- Missing fonts are not substituted without warning.
- You can now edit mirrored text fit to a path.
- After you delete text that you just formatted and then type new text, the font attributes of the deleted text are preserved.
- You can type text in new rows or columns added to a table without any spacing issues.
- Centered text in tables no longer appears mirrored in the saved file when the Automatically resize cells while typing check box on the property bar is enabled.
- Instability issues were addressed in areas such as opening native legacy files, importing files created in other programs, and creating movies.